- Reference management software
- Literature searching and advanced search techniques
- Keeping up to date with emerging research
- Managing your thesis with Word
- Analysing data with Excel pivot tables
- Podcasting with Audacity and Weblearn
- Free software for image manipulation
- Measuring research impact
- Your thesis, copyright and submitting to ORA.
During the session, you will also meet with subject specialists who can provide help and guidance on further training.
These events take place at IT Services, 13 Banbury Road, during week 8 of Michaelmas Term and week 1 of Hilary Term. Workshops will be offered in the following subject areas:
- Medical sciences
- Mathematical, physical, and life sciences
- Social sciences
- Humanities (general)
- History, archaeology, and classics
- Oriental Studies.
You can find out more and book a place by visiting the Research Skills Toolkit website (on Weblearn - SSO log in required).